Creating a Pool Party SoundtrackPosted by in Summer Fun
The heat is one of the harshest things to escape from during the summer. The best form of escape usually comes through a dip in the pool, or better yet, a trip to the beach. The problem is that beaches are usually packed this time of the year, making it difficult to find a good spot to relax and lounge about. This makes public and private swimming pools a better option for those just looking to cool off. And if you’re feeling bored lounging about by yourself, why not throw a pool party?
When it comes to pool parties, creating a fitting playlist can be challenging. Taste in music varies considerably, so it’s always good to mix both old and new hits. The idea is to think what your guests would like to listen to at the party; if they want to dance or just sit back and chill.
A key element of a great pool party is an amazing soundtrack. As a tribute to the summer, here’s a list of songs inspired by the season. Taken from both old and recent albums, many of them are charming additions to your pool party playlist.
- Groovin – The Young Rascals
- Soak Up the Sun – Sheryl Crow
- Where Did Our Love Go – The Supremes
- Pool Party – The Aquabats
- Swimming Pool – The Submarines
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- Walking On the Sun – Smash Mouth
- Into Yesterday – Sugar Ray
- Young Folks – Peter, Bjorn & John
- Happy (Fatboy Slim Remix) – Max Sedgley
- Stand Tall – Dirty Heads
- Upside Down – Jack Johnson
- The Locomotion – Little Eva
- Island in the Sun – Weezer
It’s important to have a theme in mind when creating your list. It also helps to know what types of activities you have planned for the event. With the details of the party organized, you can structure and compile your desired songs according to how they fit the mood of the party.